In my last blog, I talked about my interest in becoming a police dispatcher with the City of Irving. Since then, I had my job interview and learned a lot more about what the position entails. Although I am still interested in the position itself, I've determined that it's not the best decision for me right now. In addition to working nights, weekends, and holidays, I would also be taking a HUGE paycut. We are talking $10k+/year! Financially, I just can't make that work. On top of all of that, they wouldn't/couldn't guarantee that I would be able to have time off to go home for my brother's wedding in September. All of that made me think, how in the heck am I going to have time to plan our wedding?! Needless to say, I stopped the interview process.
On to better news! I received a job offer last Wednesday and after doing a lot of thinking, I accepted the offer on Thursday afternoon. I will be working at Alpha Graphics as the CSR and Inside Sales with potential to become another outside salesman in the future! The location is literally about 10 minutes away from our apartment and it doesn't require me getting on the freeway! THANK GOD! Not only is the pay pretty much what I'm making now, the owner is also letting me go home over Memorial Day as I had planned, he is also giving me paid time off to go home for my brothers wedding! WOO HOO! He has also agreed to be flexible with me going home to plan our wedding. I think this is the best decision for me and I am super excited to start this new position. My last day with DFW Printing is Friday April 17th and I start at AG on Monday April 20th. Needless to say, they wanted me to start ASAP!
On to the weight loss... This week was a little rough and I did a lot of bad things. Not working out enough and eating/drinking way more and worse than normal! Out of the seven days, I ate poor five days. YIKES! Needless to say, I gained 1.6 lbs. I am still down 11 pounds, and super happy about that! I am back on track this week and doing pretty well so far! I am hoping to have lost a total of 20 pounds by the time I go home in May. I'll keep "ya'll" posted on my progress!
We had a fantastic time this weekend with some great friends! We are so blessed to have met our "Michigan friends in Texas," and I couldn't be happier. We have friends from all over the country who have one thing in common, we moved to Texas to better our lives! We have a great time when we hang out and we all get along wonderfully! A friend of mine from high school was down here this weekend for the NASCAR race and we were able to take him out and show him what there is to do in the area. We went out Friday & Saturday night with our crew and had a fantastic time. Sunday afternoon, Patrick and I went to the NASCAR race. It was definitely an experience to say the least! Here are just a couple pictures from our weekend that I think you might enjoy a little more than my babble. ENJOY!



Good luck on your new job! Sounds like a good fit for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete