Monday, March 30, 2009

New Career Path & WW Update

Well as you know, my position is being eliminated so I have started the job hunt. I had five interviews last week, with four different companies. Out of that, two were a complete waste of time, one I really liked but they don't have a position available right now and the other is interested in me, but I haven't received an offer yet. All of this is great, but I am just not convinced that staying in printing is in my best interest right now. The market is just not stable enough and with this being the second company I've worked for since college that are laying people off, I've decided to look elsewhere. Patrick and I have been talking about me becoming a dispatcher with the police department since I moved down here in September. Well I decided it was time to take a leep. Irving has a wives association that I had joined and one of the wives is also a dispatcher. I got in touch with her and we had been e-mailing back an forth about it. I went ahead and sent in my application two weeks ago and sat with Kim yesterday. I was in awe about all that they do, but in a good way. I am very interested in becoming a dispatcher, even if it means taking a slight pay cut to do so. A supervisor came up and met with me yesterday and I have an interview tentatively set for tomorrow morning. She said that she had to check with the other supervisor and one of them would be calling me yet this morning! I'm super excited and I hope I get the job! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

On to my weight in for the week. I lost another pound so I am down a total of 12.6! I'm super excited that through all of this stress I still had a loss! I am going to try and get back into my gym routine yet this week so I can keep toning and burning some extra calories!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment