Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll state having positive results" - Willie Nelson

Well it's been almost a month since I wrote last. Lots of things have been going on since then. Patrick and I walked the MADD 5k as part of the IPD (Irving Police Department) Zero Tolerance team. The team was formed in loving memory of an officer that was killed by a drunk driver. We had a great time and it has been one of my goals for the last two years to do a 5k. My next goal is to run a 5k! I am hoping to get that accomplished in the next couple of months, but it will have to wait until after the heat of the summer has subsided. The weather in Texas has been pretty crazy the last couple of weeks. It has been pretty warm but we've been getting a lot of rain. This last week it between high 80's and low 90's almost everyday.


My new job has been going really well. The people are great and it's been keeping me very busy. It's been really nice to work so close to home. It only takes me about 8-10 minutes to get there and it's less than 5 miles from our apartment! My work schedule changed and I now don't have to be to work until 8:30AM. In order to still get a workout in, I've decided to start going in the morning. So far it's been going okay and I've actually gone in a couple days before work! YAY for me :-D

On to my weight loss updates. The first two weeks at my new job were rough on my schedule as you can tell by the lack of weight loss! Good news is, I'm back on track!

Week 17: -.2

Week 18: +.4

Week 19: -2.0

Week 20: -2.6

Total weight loss to date: 17.8

My goal was to be down 20 pounds by the time I went home next weekend. I am pretty close but not quite there yet. Since I will miss my weight in next Saturday, my plan is to go in on Wednesday at lunch to weight in. I think this will keep me accountable when I'm home. I don't like the idea of missing a weight in so hopefully I can make it to WW on Wednesday.

Patrick is on to the final step of his training. He is in what they called PTO (Police Training Officer). This is where he is actually on the streets with another officer. Today marks his 4th day of 17 weeks. So far everything is going really well for him and I'm super excited that he is finally making his dream come true!

I'm headed back to Michigan next week for the first time since I moved to Texas! I'm super excited to see my friends and family. I can't wait! Well that's enough for now. I'll write again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the weight loss! It's tough. I am working on it myself! Maybe I will see you when your home next week. Where are you staying and how long will you be home??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be home from Thursday 5/22 until Tuesday 5/26. I'll be all over the place for the first couple days but I'm staying at my Mom's house in Howell :-D

    ReplyDelete