On Friday, after waiting 5 weeks to hear weather or not I will be transferred or not, I found out the answer. I heard the dreaded words of "your position has been eliminated." My last day of work will be April 17th. After that I will receive two weeks of severance and be on my way. Although I had a feeling this would be the case, it was still hard to hear. I went around pretending I was okay with it and told everyone I would be fine, but it's still hard to swallow. In the week prior to hearing this answer, I decided it was time to start looking for a new career. I've started to apply for different jobs, including a police dispatcher with the City of Irving. It could be several weeks before I hear anything about this one, but I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am also re-interviewing with a company that offered me a position when I originally came to Texas. The pay isn't as good as where I am right now, but it's about 5 minutes from our apartment. I'll keep all of you posted on my job search in the next couple of weeks!
Yesterday, I did my week 11 weight in at WW and lost 1.6 pounds! I am now down a total of 11.6! It's coming off slowly but surely and I can't wait to get there! A couple of weeks ago I bought three pairs of jeans from Old Navy that I could get into, but were still a little tight. Well today I decided it was time to try and get into them... and guess what? THEY FIT! As I lose more weight, they won't be as snug, which is a good thing, but either way, I'm excited to say that I am wearing a pair right now!
That's all for now, but I will write again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment